Human Relations Commission Members
The Commission is responsible for enforcing Article 183 "Fair Housing" and Article 185 "Human Relations" of the City of York Codified Ordinances, which includes performing intake, investigation and determination of complaints of discrimination in housing, employment, and public accommodations. The Commission also monitors and reports on hate crimes and other civil tensions within the City and its surrounding areas working with local, state and federal agencies. The Commission engages in workshops, meetings, community outreach and collaborative efforts to promote diversity, equality and non-violence in the City of York and beyond. The Commission advocates for the civil rights of all citizens of the city.
Members of the Commission must be residents of the City of York selected from a broad representative cross-sector of racial, ethnic and economic groups sympathetic to the principles and purposes of Article 185 of the York City Codified Ordinances.
Members are appointed by the Mayor, subject to the approval and confirmation of Council, and shall serve without compensation. Members serve three year terms, however, any vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired term in the same manner as the original appointment.
Contact: Johanna Ramirez, Administrative Intake Support Specialist, Human Relations Commission - Phone: (717) 846-2926.
Meetings: Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Council Chambers 101 S. George St York, PA 17401.
2016 Commissioner Meetings
January 25- Agenda *Meeting Canceled*
*Summer Recess-No meeting in July or August*
- Karen Rollins-Fitch, Chair, Term expires 7/16/18
- VACANT, Term expires 7/16/18 (To fill unexpired term of James Sawor)
- VACANT, Secretary/Treasurer Term expires 7/16/16 (To fill unexpired term of Amy Chamberlin)
- Jeanne E. Buckingham,Term expires 7/16/17 (Filled unexpired term of Raquel Lilly)
- Cheril L. Chronister, Term expires 7/16/18
- VACANT - Term expires 7/16/17 (To fill unexpired term of Nate Rivera)
- Kenneth F. Woerthwein, Term expires 7/16/17
- Stan Sexton, Term expires 7/16/16 (Filled expired term of Victor E. Brown)
- Rebecca Moore - Term expires 7/16/16 (Filled unexpired term of Tia Underkoffler)
- Mark Rhodes, Term expires 7/16/17
- Judy A. Ritter-Dickson, Term expires 7/16/18 (Filled unexpired term of Caroline Williams)
Attention community members!
The CYHRC is looking for volunteers to serve on the Commission Board. If you are interested in serving the community by becoming a Commissioner, please forward your resume and a letter of interest to the HRC office.