Station 1 is located at 49-51 South Duke Street.
Station 1 consists of two separate buildings. The Laurel Fire Company building, the southern building, was constructed in 1877-78 and is listed on the National Register Of Historic Places. It is one of the oldest continuously operating fire stations in the United States. The Rex Hook and Ladder Company building was constructed in 1888 and was designed to match the Laurel's architechure. Station 1 is adjacent to the Fire Headquarters Building.
Station 2 is located at 273 West Market Street, This station is our newest, constructed in 1973-74. It replaced the former Vigilant station which was demolished after flooding from hurricane Agnes in 1972.
Station 5 is located at 833 East Market Street. This station dates from 1903. The Goodwill Fire Company was originally located in Spring Garden Township until annexed by the City of York in 1900.
Station 9 is located at 800 Roosevelt Avenue. The station was constructed in 1946. The Lincoln is the youngest of the nine volunteer fire companies in York.