Economic and Community Development
Interim Director of Economic & Community Development: Shilvosky Buffaloe firstname.lastname@example.org
Our staff serves as the lead advocate for citywide businesses and not-for-profit organizations, and serves as the liaison between the private/non-profit sector and government. It is our job to negotiate redevelopment contracts for the City's Redevelopment Authority-owned parcels so that the redevelopment is "neighborhood appropriate" and that the Redevelopment Authority (RDA) has a reversion right to the parcel should the proposed redevelopment not occur.
We work diligently to secure state, federal and other grants and loans, as well as execute public relations and marketing intiatives while continuously advocating for proposed and existing businesses.
It is our vision to develop the City into a thriving business, residential, cultural, recreational and tourist destination. This vision is fostering employment and educational opportunities and increasing the value of the City's property tax base and fostering a thriving urban community.
York City Economic & Community Development
Here you will find all you need to know about the aspects of growing and owning a business as well as development projects in the City of York. We welcome your entrepreneurial spirit and hope that you'll check out the projects taking root in our neighborhoods across the City and within the industrial park. Please check back often as we add and update content.
The Mission of this department is to create conditions that encourage a diversely vibrant economy throughout the City by forming partnerships and coalition-building, to incubate and execute economic development and a variety of lifestyle enhancing initiatives for all residents of and visitors to our City. We pride ourselves in creating and initiating large scale development and redevelopment projects by marketing sites, project management and facilitation, coordinating land acquisition, appraisals and environmental studies. We also strive to assist citizens of the city and the neighborhoods in which they reside through housing initiatives, neighborhood-building, programs for first time home buyers and use of federal funding to improve the quality of life of our residents.
York Community Development
Our Mission is to consistently improve upon the quality of services offered by Community Development. We do this through wise investment of resources and by applying innovation to our labors. We believe that our community's success depends in part on our ability to offer swift, value-added service that is quality oriented.
In creating value, we succeed or fail based on our ability to perform as stewards of the following key assets:
- Our abundant resources: which must be strategically allocated;
- Our ability to attain the goals we've set;
- Our people, who are ultimately responsible for placing value on our undertakings;
- Our ability to promote public-private partnerships;
- That our labors are respectful of both the people we serve and the neighborhoods they reside.
Office of Community Development
101 South George St.
PO Box 509
York, PA 17405
Phone: (717) 849-2264
Fax: (717) 849-2329
- 2016 Legacy Builders Summer Youth Program 4/13/2016
- 2016 Funding Application Round HOME 4/26/2016
- 2015 CAPER DRAFT 3/4/2016
- Draft of the 2015-2019 Five year Con-Plan 10/13/2014
- 2014 CAPER DRAFT 3/9/2015
- 2015-2017 HOME application 6/18/2014
- 2015-2017 CDBG Application 6/18/2014
- 2015 YHAP Guidelines 6/19/2015
- 2014 Annual Action Plan Draft 9/30/2013
- 2013 CAPER (Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report 10/9/2014
- 2013 Annual Action Plan
- General Survey in English 6/18/2014
- General Survey in Spanish 6/18/2014
- Relocation Plan
- 2009 Healthy York County Housing Summit Report