Board of Health
The five member Board of Health is composed of residents of the City and physicians who practice in the City. The Board is a requirement of both local and state laws. Board members are appointed by the City Council for 5- year terms.
The Board of Health provides advice to City government concerning the programs, activities and administration of the City’s Bureau of Health. Board meeting agendas typically include Health Bureau activity statistics, staffing update, status of various contacts and grants , in-depth presentation about one or more local public health topics or programs , as well as a number of brief items of current interest.
Meetings: The Board of Health meets quarterly on the third Monday of March, June, September and December. The meetings are from 12 noon to 1:00p.m. and are held at the Albert S. Weyer Health Center, 435 W. Philadelphia St., York, PA. Board of Health meetings are open to the public.
Contact: Barbara Kovacs, MPA, Director, York City Bureau of Health - (717) 849-2299
- Charles M. Reilly, M.D., Chair - Term expires: first Monday of April 2016
- Sharon Smith - Term expires: first Monday of April 2018
- Carmen R. Bones - Term expires: first Monday of April 2019
- Rita Van Wyk , M.D. - Term expires: first Monday of April 2021
- JoAnn Henderson - Term expires: first Monday of April 2017